Davis Community BBQ
Davis Medicine Hat is a proud sponsor for numerous organizations in southern Alberta. One small way we help out is by providing our portable barbeque for non-profit events.
The Davis Community BBQ is available to book for your next charitable event. The BBQ is in high demand during the summer months and available on a first come first serve basis. With this in mind please be prompt with your pick up and drop off times.
Fill in the Online Booking Form to the right >> with your requested date and we'll get back to you to let you know availability.
Davis BBQ Amenities & General Info
The Davis BBQ as everything you need to pull off a successful BBQ or pancake breakfast for your event.
- BBQ contains some supplies like scrapers and tongs.
- Only for use for charitable events at no cost.
- Pick up and drop off times given must be followed because the BBQ is very busy.
- For after hour & Sunday pick-up times, BBQ will be parked on east lot of dealership.
- Any damage to the BBQ is the responsibility of the client.
- Any tickets (parking, speeding) are the responsibility of the client.
- Davis GMC Buick is not responsible for loss or damages to the BBQ while it’s in the possession of the client.
- Fire extinguisher provided.
- Pancake griddle available for BBQ; refundable deposit of $200 required.
- Davis GMC Buick Ltd. has the right to refuse BBQ rental for any reason.
Hook Up Procedure
- Client must use vehicle specified for towing.
- ½ ton truck or SUV recommended to haul BBQ’s.
- Your vehicle needs a hitch and trailer plug.
- Ball and receiver are provided with the BBQ.
- Once close enough, insert ball and receiver in to hitch and insert pin to hold in place.
- Back up further to align ball under tongue of trailer.
- Pull back pin on the tongue of the trailer.
- Lower BBQ to ball by cranking the jack counter-clockwise.
- Push the pin forward again.
- When lowered on to the ball, continue to crank the jack all the way up.
- Pull the pin on the extension of the jack and raise it all the way up and secure with a pin.
- Hook up safety chains.
- Hook up plug.
- Check signal lights and brake lights.
- Ready to go!
When disconnecting, be sure to lower the extension on the jack all the way before cranking the BBQ off the ball. Once the BBQ is lifted off the ball, disconnect plug, safety chains, receiver and remove from your vehicle.
Start Up / Shut Down Procedure: