10 Things To Know Before Having Your Vehicle Repaired After An Accident
As much as we don’t like them, they’re unfortunately a part of life: car accidents. You may have been lucky enough to avoid accidents, but for those of us who have been involved in a crash theres a few things you should know. Here are a few tips from the experts in our body shop here at Davis to help you along the way if you find yourself in an accident:
1. Your vehicle is the second largest investment you’re likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
2. You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
3. Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims centre before having your vehicle repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your vehicle at our shop and ask the insurance company to inspect the vehicle here.
4. There is no law requiring you to obtain more than one estimate or appraisal.
5. Never drive a vehicle that could be unsafe because of damages.
6. Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimare may not include all necessary work. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different from another you’ve received, please ask us.
7. Choose a shop that has uni-body repair equipment and certified technicians.
8. Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts.
9. Ask us about our Limited Life-Time Repair Warranty.
10. Let us help you administer your claim with the insurance company.
We hope you never have to use these tips, but we also know that sometimes accidents are unavoidable. If you happen to find yourself in an accident and have any questions, please feel free to contact our Body Shop at (403) 580-5226 and our skilled professionals will be there to help you out.